Bidding ends Thursday, January 27th at 10 AM.
Easily accessible property along Highway 3 near Gorham. Property is a mix of ponds, tillable and bottomland timber that allows for revenue production and excellent waterfowl and deer hunting. A 900± acre block of Shawnee National Forest borders the property to the south and offers additional hunting opportunities. Water levels can be controlled at each pond. Prior to utilizing the property as a fish farm, it was in agricultural production and it is possible to drain the ponds and return it to highly productive cropland. Large barn provides space to keep your equipment out of the elements. Property is 20 miles from Carbondale, IL, 40 miles from Cape Girardeau, MO, and 90 miles from St. Louis, MO.
For more information or to schedule a showing, call or text Eric Holzmueller (618) 713-0034
- 156± acres
- 29 ponds ranging from 1 to 6 acres in size
- 3 wells
- 15 ± acres in timber
- 17 ± acres currently in tillable
- 120×40 barn with electric that is set up for fish farm
iAuction Terms and Conditions
- PROCEDURE: Bidding ends Thursday, January 27, 2022, at 10:00 AM, with a soft close, meaning that a bid in the final minute will extend bidding by 5 minutes on each tract. All bids placed are by the Acre.
- BUYERS PREMIUM: 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid price to arrive at the contract sales price.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Winning bidder(s) will enter into a Contract to Purchase immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction, the winning bidder will be forwarded via email a Contract to Purchase. Trophy Properties and Auction must receive a signed copy of the contract on or before 12:00 NOON, Friday, January 28, 2022 (hand delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). The Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Once accepted, this agreement shall be binding on the parties and their successors and assigns. This agreement is NOT subject to financing, inspections, or other contingencies or delays the closing for such reason.
- DOWN PAYMENT: 10% of the contract purchase price will be due upon acceptance of the Sales Contract. Business or Personal Checks or Wire Transfer are accepted.
- BIDDING: Once submitted, a bid cannot be retracted.
- CLOSING: Closing shall be on or before 3:00 PM., Thursday, March 3, 2022.
- POSSESSION: Possession will be given at closing, subject to the remaining rights of the current tenant if any.
- TITLE: Seller shall furnish the buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price and agrees to provide and execute a proper deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the buyer(s).
- SURVEY: AT SELLERS OPTION, the Seller shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description to convey title.
- REAL ESTATE TAXES: The 2020 and 2021 Real Estate taxes will be paid by the Seller. The 2022 Real Estate taxes to be paid by the Buyer(s).
- Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Trophy Properties and Auction, or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction.
- The information is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines are drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to this property.